This is an amazing piece! It's a vintage pantsuit from the 1970s with a gorgeous bright and vivid paisley print. At first, it looks like a maxi dress, but a slit in the front reveals long black flared pants underneath. It has a V cut neckline and back. It closes with a nylon zipper and a black waist belt featuring two gold X enclosures at the front.
MEASUREMENTS: Please keep in mind that these are measurements taken when the garment is laid flat and doubled, allow for some ease.
Dress (Bodice and Overskirt):
Bust: 34 in. (86 cm)
Waist: 27 in. (68.5 cm)
Shoulder (seam to seam): 14 in. (35.5 cm)
Armhole (width): 8 in. (20 cm)
Shoulder to Waist: 15 1/2 in. (39.5 cm)
Waist to Hem: 40 in. (101.5 cm)
Hem Allowance: 2in. (5 cm)
Zipper (length): 16 in. (40.5 cm)
Hips: 34 in. (86 cm)
Inseam: 27 in. (68.5 cm)
Outseam: 39 in. (99 cm)
Hem Width (please double): 12 in. (30.5 cm)
Belt (width): 2 in. expanding to 5 in. (5 cm to 12.5 cm)
Buckle: 2 x 2 in. (5 cm x 5 cm)
MATERIAL: Polyester. Metal buckles.
LABEL: Missy House of Canada. Plus union label.
CONDITION: Overall good vintage condition. Mostly just needs some very small hand stitching to be re-done.
- Very slight vertical lines running down centre of left front skirt panel - looks like a possible flaw in the weave, and disappears in the folds when worn.
- A 1" tear in the skirt lining, inside the right front panel.
- Seam on back of pants near crotch needs to be re-stitched.
- Hems on pant legs need a few stitches to bring them up again.
- Hem on skirt also needs a few stitches here and there.
Please message for additional photos of any damage if required.